Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Mirror, mirror

The fog starts to slowly drift away,
My thoughts turn from dark to a dull grey,
Heart has stopped its pounding, slowing down,
Feelings no longer engulf me, no need to drown,

Panic attacks they leave me helpless,
Must be stress, I can only try and guess,
At the reasons why, reasons I try and hide,
Feelings that something has gone, died deep inside,

Some days I’m happy, some are quite sad,
Most of the time I’m feeling I am mad,
Mirror reflection winks back at me,
She rubs her hands together with a certain glee,

She knows you see, what I don’t or can’t,
Her mouth slowly begins its chant,
“You are me and I am you,”
“There is really nothing you can do,”


She sees all I hate about me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the Facebook group has worked cos I just found this through it...that is a great poem, you are very clever!

(The mirror can't see that about you methinks?!)