Why such sadness?
I feel so lonely today.
Depression sets in,
and the tears creep softly from my eyes.
Why must I suffer like this?
Depression is taking the life from me.
Day by day, hour by hour,
my heart, mind, and body are consumed.
A suffocating black fog settles in,
no light to be seen anywhere.
Things I used to love to do are not
interesting anymore.
People whom I have always loved now
feel very distant.I feel lost.
I can see myself wandering around aimlessly,
with nowhere to go.
Somewhere within me lives a smile.
What has happened to that smile?
It is hidden behind silent torment, and nightmares,
and self-judgment.
I judge myself as I see myself,
and there is not much to see here.
The scared, abused, misunderstood little girl
from my nightmares...is a sad, faltering woman.
Me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can relate to that poem in so many ways Revvsy. Have struggled with depression for a long time myself. I seem to have gotten a grip on things now. Not sure what it is for me that finally pulled me through it. Some of it was time. Then I just decided one day "Time to stop sitting on your arse and going nowhere in life. Which was I was quite literally doing. I think It was that day when I decided to have some direction in life and start taking action towards that direction, that things improved the most.
Keep at it matey
Post a Comment